The mission of St. Basalt’s School is to challenge young people with a sound, demanding, and caring education providing the necessary intellectual, social, aesthetic, and life experiences to fit them for success and happiness in all future endeavors. St. Basalt’s School believes that students learn best and most authentically in an environment in which much is asked of them and where they are asked to take much responsibility for their own learning.
St. Basalt’s students
- are active, curious learners;
- are engaged citizens of their community and their planet;
- are entrepreneurial thinkers and doers who see in their world an endless range of possibilities;
- appreciate diverse perspectives as the hallmarks of examined and meaningful living;
- are reflective, mindful, and self-aware;
- are good friends, purposeful collaborators, and loyal partners.